Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Pacific Bling with Purpose


































I am always on the lookout for unique pieces of jewelry, so when I came across Maryann Talia Pau's work, I was in awe to say the least! Maryann has been weaving jewelry for the last 14 years and her work has landed her into the Australian Art & Design scene. But what really strikes me about Maryann is that she has used her skills to empower people in her community. She started a project called "One Million Stars To End Violence" after hearing about a violent death in her community.  Maryann responded and did what she did best... weaving.  She has gathered people from her community and around the globe to weave one million stars! And if you think you cant weave(myself included) don't worry she has set up a step by step guide to get your Star WEaving underway!


All photos above are from Maryann's website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment